5 reasons to shoot digital and not analog
- You have a lot of choices of brand new camera from reasonably cheap to very expensive that are coming every year. You can even shoot with your smartphone.
- One can shoot, shoot and shoot, only your SIM card will limit you but it usually means thousands of pictures.
- You can instantly see the result on your camera and already decide to keep it or not.
- You can « easily » post process them as you have a RAW file on your computer.
- Shooting digital is relatively much cheaper than shoting film.
5 reasons to shoot analog and not digitial
- You take your time instead of shooting millions of picture, you observe and think more deeply as the amount of shot is limited.
- Analog results have this something more than digitally processed pictures doesn’t have. They miss this aspect of too perfect, too cold.
- The process itself of loading/unloading film is great, you really feel you are photographing.
- Vintage camera looks cool and you have also a lot of variety especially in the medium format that digital will not have (or will be too expensive).
- You can scan you films to put it on your computer or you can have also the possibility to process them into a darkroom, which is a fantastic and unique experience.